One dead, one in hospital following suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

SALMON ARM, B.C. — One person is dead and one is in serious condition following a possible carbon monoxide poisoning at a private campground just outside Salmon Arm, B.C.

Salmon Arm RCMP say they responded to a call on Saturday just after 10 a.m. and they found a dead adult female and a group of people performing first aid on a youth.

article continues below

They say the pair had been camping in a tent and gone to bed around midnight.

Investigators say they found a cooking pot with wood ash in the tent, which was being used as a source of heat.

Police believe the pair may have been affected from carbon monoxide from the wood burning.

The B.C. Coroners Service is in the early stages of its fact-finding investigation.

© Copyright Dawson Creek Mirror News
Lowest Gas Prices in Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Fort Nelson, Fort St John, Tumbler Ridge
British Columbia Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com

Community Event Calendar


Find out what's happening in your community and submit your own local events.

Popular Dawson Creek Mirror