Skip to content

City DC budget meeting goes Tuesday night online

In addition to discussion of specific line items and more related to the City of Dawson Creek this evening – a handful of other matters are also slated for a chinwag.
citylogo@2x
City of Dawson Creek

In addition to discussion of specific line items and more related to the City of Dawson Creek this evening – a handful of other matters are also slated for a chinwag.

A request from Gloria Cleve, Administrative Assistant, South Peace Building Learning Together (BLT) Society regarding financial assistance in the creation of a Dawson Creek Child Care Action Plan is on the agenda.

In addtion, transit budgeting concerns within the 22/23 propose city budget from Raistlin Van Sponson, , as well concerns from Kole Casey concerning a 4.5 percent tax increase, as well as a proposed wage increase and vehicle allowance for the CAO Blair Lekstrom.

City council notes they have continued the work on four key strategic priorities for 2022 to deliver on the vision of a strong financial future. These include -

Peace River Agreement - achieving a 70/30 split of the Peace River Agreement with 70% allocated to Capital investment and the remaining 30% allocated to Operations, which includes debt servicing. The goal is to achieve this by 2030.

Tourism -  explore opportunities for a new tourism funding and delivery model.

Regional Airport Authority -  exploring possibilities of changing existing operations into a regional-based model.

Asset Management Plan - develop and implement an Asset Management Plan for the City of Dawson Creek which will ensure the future sustainability of the cities assets.

The meeting goes live online at 7pm Tuesday night.

editor@dcdn.ca