New DC hospital budget takes COVID-19 into account

COVID-19 doesn't have anything on the new Dawson Creek and District Hospital project.

Health Minister Adrian Dix confirmed this morning that he expects the project to be completed on time in 2025, and on budget for $377 million.

article continues below

"We have worked hard to ensure the budget reflects real costs and are confident," he said this morning noting the province will pony up 60 per cent of the funds for the project, while the hospital district will take on the remaining 40 per cent.

"It has been our direction to keep building during COVID-19 and we will still delivery effectively on this," he said acknowledging inflation was still a reality.

Bidding on the project is expected to begin soon, with construction to begin next year.

The new hospital will not be built on existing lands, rather the northwest side of the Dawson Creek NLC campus. 

Dix added that discussions will occur about what will happen with the existing hospital.

editor@dcdn.ca

 

 

 

© Copyright Dawson Creek Mirror News

Comments

NOTE: To post a comment you must have an account with at least one of the following services: Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ You may then login using your account credentials for that service. If you do not already have an account you may register a new profile with Disqus by first clicking the "Post as" button and then the link: "Don't have one? Register a new profile".

The Dawson Creek Mirror welcomes your opinions and comments. We do not allow personal attacks, offensive language or unsubstantiated allegations. We reserve the right to edit comments for length, style, legality and taste and reproduce them in print, electronic or otherwise. For further information, please contact the editor or publisher, or see our Terms and Conditions.

comments powered by Disqus

Dawson Creek by-election POLL

Are you happy with the diversity of candidates in the Dawson Creek municipal by-election

or  view results

Readers Choice