At the time of this report the Detachment is carrying two hard vacancies (positions are not filled).
Both positions are expected to be filled by the middle of March after which the Detachment will be fully staffed.
RCMP statistical reporting was significantly modified and new rules were adopted, effect as of January 1st, 2019. As a result of these changes statistical comparisons to months prior to January 1st, 2019 would not accurately reflect the correct information.
For this reason; moving forward, statistical comparisons will be made each month based on the previous month and not on the same month from the year before. For the month of January 2019 there will be no statistical comparisons made.
There have been 524 (75%) calls for service for the City of Dawson Creek and 174 (25%) in the rural surrounding area since January 1st, 2019. Comparative to last year for the same time period, this equates to a decrease in calls for service for the city of 2% and an increase of calls for service in the rural area of 2%. The following trends have been outlined for the period of January pertaining to offences regarding calls for service and pro-active investigations:
• Theft of vehicle - 18 calls for service
• Theft from vehicle - 7 calls for service
• Break and Enter to Residence - 6 calls for service
• Break and Enter to Business - 12 calls for service
• Assault/Assault with Weapon/Aggravated Assault - 19 calls for service
• Sexual Assault/Sexual Interference - 2 call for service
• Drug Possession/Drug Trafficking - 3 calls for service
• Drug Overdose - 1 call for service
• Impaired Driving (alcohol and drug), 24hr Suspensions, Immediate Roadside Prohibition - 8 calls for service
• Motor Vehicle Accident - 46 calls for service
• Theft (including shoplifting) - 32 calls for service
• Mental Health - 28 calls for service
On January 21st the Dawson Creek RCMP had a BAIT car activation which lead to the arrest of two suspects; and also the recovery of a stolen truck (other than the BAIT car). Both suspects have been charged and their charges are before the courts.
There were additional commercial B&Es in Dawson Creek throughout January. Dawson Creek RCMP have recently made a significant arrest in relation to the B&Es in the City of Dawson Creek which have occurred throughout the last 6 months. More information will be provided when able.
(Damon P Werrell) S/Sgt
Dawson Creek RCMP