To our Dawson Creek patients and community
We are taking this unusual step to write to you personally regarding the COVID-19 virus. You will have heard the directive from our Provincial Health Officer, Dr Bonnie Henry, to self-isolate and practice social distancing.
The time to act is now. Our province is in a state of emergency. What we do today will impact the health of British Columbians in the weeks to come.
• Stay home unless absolutely necessary. No dinner parties. No shopping for anything but essentials. No group or team sports, not even outside. No playdates. Instead have coffee with a friend online or do that online exercise or yoga class you have been meaning to do.
• Keep six feet or two metres away from everyone at all times.
• Wash your hands thoroughly.
• Call your loved ones and friends to check in on them regularly.
• Remind young people in your life that they too can get sick from this virus. More importantly, they can be asymptomatic carriers and unknowingly cause a lot of harm to parents, grandparents, and other loved ones.
If you are concerned that you may have COVID-19 symptoms, including a sore throat, dry cough, fever or breathing difficulties, please call 1-844-645-7811, the Northern Health Covid-19 Online Clinic and Information line. They will conduct a telephonic assessment, and will provide you with directions on what to do next.
Many of our medical staff are booking routine care appointments at their community clinics. The appointments will be conducted telephonically or via online video streaming, and you will only be asked to come in to the office if your healthcare provider deems it necessary for you to do so. We are doing this for patient and health care provider safety, to limit potential exposure to the virus. Please phone your healthcare clinic if you need more information.
Northern Health facilities, including Dawson Creek hospital, have initiated new rules which will affect visitors to the hospital. Please check the website to obtain the most up to date information on this and other COVID-19 related developments at www.northernhealth.ca
If we as a community can work together to follow all the recommendations for social isolation and hygiene, this will be one of our most effective strategies in keeping this pandemic in check. We want to reassure you that we are responding as quickly as we can to a rapidly changing environment, and will do our best to provide the best and safest care to our community.
From the Dawson Creek Medical Staff
Dr. Tari Aganaba, Dr. Howard Chang, Dr. Margaret Clark, Dr. Matt Fletcher, Dr. Andre Goetze, Dr. Jim Hargreaves, Dr. Dirk Kotze, Dr. Sally Garbett, Dr. George Okafor, Dr. Rais Russel, Dr. Charles Larsen, Dr. Ulrike Meyer, Dr. Michael Pilgrim, Dr. Anton Venter, Dr. Magda du Plessis, Dr. Remi Oyedeji, Dr. Nidaa Al-Alous, Dr. Daniel Obaseki, Dr. Lourens Human, Dr. Marius Meyer, Dr. Louw Burger, Dr. Cornelia Popa, Dr. Aous Al-Shehabi, Dr. Wanda Marlatt, Dr. Paul Alberts, Dr. Daniel Botha Sr, Dr. Jacques Brussow, Dr. Ettienne Roux, Dr. Johan Faasen, Midwife Sonje Juul, Midwife Haley Hayner and Nurse Practitioner Christy Demeter.
© Copyright Dawson Creek Mirror News