Vanderhoof RCMP successfully apprehended a suspect Thursday afternoon after noting their detachment was under fire.
"A brief pursuit was initiated, during which a police vehicle was rammed. The suspect was then arrested without incident."
The localized police Emergency Alert that was issued in Vanderhoof has been rescinded, and recommended lockdown is over and businesses and schools have been told to return to normal operations.
"Roadblocks that had been put in place are currently being dismantled and the RCMP is thanking the public for their cooperation during this dynamic and unfolding event. At this time there is nothing to indicate any further ongoing threats to the public," said Corporal Madonna Saunderson, BC RCMP Media spokesperson.
ORIGINAL STORY: This afternoon Vanderhoof RCMP is responding to reports of an active shooter with a long gun targeting the Vanderhoof RCMP Detachment, and then continuing to drive around the area.
The public is asked to stay inside or shelter in place, lock your doors and refrain from leaving your home or business at this time. All others need to avoid the downtown area and follow all police directions or restrictions.
"Police believe the lone male suspect is driving a white Ford pick-up truck with an extended cab. The individual should be considered armed and dangerous," says RCMP.
Vanderhoof RCMP continue to investigate the situation, anyone who was a witness to these events is asked to contact the Vanderhoof RCMP at (250) 567-2222