The Artist in Residence program supports a visual artist in developing and creating a body of work for a professionally curated exhibition. Priority may be given to BC-based artists, however, any artist residing in northeast BC or a visual artist who is a member of an arts council supported by the Peace Liard Regional Arts Council (PLRAC) is eligible to apply, so long as they are Canadian Citizens, First Nations or Landed Immigrants (and able to work within Canada).
Deadline to Apply: July 31, 2019 Notification of Results: August 31, 2019. AIR Program Provides the Artist with the Following:
1. Mentorship from a professional visual artist (in 2019, the mentor will be Peter von Tiesenhausen)
2. Subsistence fee of $1,500 for a three-week working period
3. Studio space in Dawson Creek, BC
4. Accommodation, if required
5. Professionally curated exhibit to be held at the Dawson Creek Art Gallery in the spring of 2020 – artist will be paid a CARFAC Exhibition Fee of $1,900
6. Free admission to a one-day set of workshops and artist talks available to all Peace-Liard Artists
1. Artist must reside in northeast BC or be a member of an arts council supported by the Peace Liard Regional Arts Council.
2. Artist must not yet have had two or more professionally curated exhibitions for which they have received CARFAC exhibition fees.
1. Curriculum Vitae (maximum three pages)
2. Description of proposed work intended for the residency (maximum one page)
3. Artist Bio and Statement (150 words maximum for each)
4. 5-10 images (a maximum of 1 MB file size each, jpeg format with a resolution of 72dpi at 1024 x 768 pixels) of recent work related to the residency proposal. Images must be labeled with a number_title_lastname (example: 01_Nemo_Smith).
5. Image List with image numbers, artist name, title of work and date, medium and dimensions.
How to Submit your Application:
1. Send application by email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org . Documents must be in Word or PDF format, and images in JPG format
2. Deadline for application is July 31, 2019